Yeah it's me
Tuesday, April 3, 2007
Southern living in Alabama
It's almost the middle of the week, and has been warm here in Alabama. Rain and storms here as I speak, and it will turn cooler again. I get the last big kick of "winter" before the hot weather really sets in. Alabama has pretty cold winter, and very hot and humid summers. Pretty bad thunderstorms in the spring, and fall. As the seasons change. It is all part of living in the south I guess. And one of the good things about living in the heart of Dixie. Southern culture has it's good things, along with the bad. But it is something we can call our own. You are just a few hours away from the Gulf of Mexico, And the beaches of Gulf Shores. You are just a few hours away from the Great Smoky Mountains. A few hours of Atlanta, from Nashville, or just about anywhere else you really want to travel in the southern states. So living in the heart of it all it's a bad thing. You can still come back home to your small town living no matter where you have travelled. To see old friends, walk into the neighborhood coffee shop, and they remember how you like it. To seeing someone you know just about every place you go. That is what real southern living is. And there is no other place I would rather be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The ending to Training day
I love this movie. At the end, it's like a king losing his kingdom. The people he thought he ruled and controlled. A really awesome movie. If you get a chance you should check it out
No comments:
Post a Comment