Yeah it's me

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

UFC buys PRIDE FC

Well, it's official. The UFC/Zuffa has purchased PRIDE FC. It was announced at a press conference in Japan. Now we get to see some of the fights we have always wanted to see. It seems PRIDE will keep the ring, and UFC will keep the cage. PRIDE will still be mostly in Japan, and the UFC here in the states. I was really happy to hear the news. Like most people were. It will give us the chance to see Fedor vs Cro Cop 2, Shogun vs The iceman. But it makes me wonder though, if PRIDE will keep the super heavy weight division. For guys like Zulu, and Butterbean. I mean everyone like to see a freakshow every now and then. From the way I understand it, there will be rule changes in Pride. No more soccer kicks, head stomps, or knees to the head on a downed opponent. Ok, I can understand not having head stomps and soccer kicks. But knees to the head should be allowed. It would make some guys think twice before shooting in, another weapon against the take down. I know alot of people want to see this rule change, including myself. So we will see where it goes from here. I think they are going to have a universal rules committee to over see the rules, and changes for Pride FC. Maybe so the rules won't be much different from each one. It will make it easier for the transitions for the fighters. I can't wait to see what the future of MMA will be.

No comments:

The ending to Training day

I love this movie. At the end, it's like a king losing his kingdom. The people he thought he ruled and controlled. A really awesome movie. If you get a chance you should check it out